- In order to run our Society efficiently, we collect personal information such as names, addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers from our members.
- This information is stored both on paper forms and electronically. The electronic database is held securely on the private computer of the Membership Secretary and is shared with the Society’s Chairman and Secretary.
- We will only use your personal data for our records and in order to provide you with details of events or other information about the Society.
- Some contact details are also shared with our subscription collectors, Show Secretary and Outings Secretary as necessary.
- This information will never be shared with any other organisation, company or person unless required to do so by law.
- When contacting members via email we will always use “bcc” to ensure email addresses are kept private.
- Members are asked to notify the Membership Secretary of any changes to their details or if they believe any information we hold is incorrect.
- Records will be kept for two years but if a member wishes to resign their membership and have their details removed from our records they should contact the Membership Secretary.